Qualified Dog Trainer and Dog Behaviourist
WHY CHOOSE US?
Relating to guardians of dogs that are reactive is because I own one myself. I entirely understand how frustrating, embarrassing, upsetting it can be but I also understand just how your dog might be feeling. I can really help you and your sensitive dog have a much happier and less stressful life. When I train I only ever use fear free, reward-based methods built around a solid framework of ethics and science. My goal is for you and your dog to have the best relationship possible and I strongly feel that a solid relationship starts out with an understanding of what your dog needs from you.
COURSES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Ofqual Level 5 Diploma Canine Behaviour Practitioner with The DoGenius Institute currently studying
• CPD Level 5 Diploma in Canine Behaviour (with Merit) with International School for Canine Psychology and Behaviour
• Ofqual Level 4 Diploma in Canine Welfare, Training & Behaviour with The DoGenius Institute
• Bronze Scent Detection Dog Instructor with UK Sniffer Dogs
• ACE Dog Detective, ACE Free Work, ACE Module One and Two with Animal Centred Education
OUR ACCREDITATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
Io ‘fox’ is a 8 year old Rottweiler crossbreed. Io was my first dog that I bought since leaving home and she came to live with me in September 2013. She is the very reason I do the job that I do today because I wanted to learn more about training and understanding these marvellous creatures. IO has assisted me throughout various workshops, including my scentwork instructor course and often helps me by acting as a helper dog.
Bigby ‘fable’ is my 7 year old Smooth Collie. The Smooth Collie is one of the UK’s vulnerable dog breeds and for reasons I do not know as they’re a fantastic breed. Bigby has been one of my greatest teachers. After all, our four-legged companions are who can teach us about dogs the most. Bigby can find his world completely overwhelming so my job as his guardian is to ensure he has many positive experiences to reflect back on.
Fsmo is my 5 year old Shetland Sheepdog. Fsmo is my absolute shadow and it is such a pleasure that he came into my life. He is simply wonderful and often assists me with clients as one of my helper dogs.